Fixed term contract for 3 years
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the School of Science, Engineering and Technology for two Specialist Skills Consultants for the Scotland Food and Drink Skills Academy. The role requires you to have experience of working in an organisational or learning and development role.
You should have experience of engaging with employers, identifying learning needs aligned to business strategy and supporting employers to implement people development initiatives.
The Scotland Food and Drink Skills Academy is a partnership between the public sector and the University of Abertay who are working together to improve the skills levels and performance of the food and drink industry in Scotland.
Your duties will include:
• To engage and build relationships with employers in the food and drink sector to identify skills development projects that will support the improvement or growth of businesses
• To conduct training needs analysis aligned to business strategy, using methods appropriate to business size and complexity of needs
• To develop and maintain productive working relationships with the network of support available to businesses in Scotland and provide specialist skills advice and consultancy service to add value to the services provided by the network and other stakeholders
• To develop and maintain up to date knowledge on the available provision of learning in Scotland to meet the needs of employers
• To identify available funding for employers and signpost to relevant sources
• To provide support, advice and guidance to employers to enable them to implement learning initiatives and evaluate impact on the business and return on investment
Please submit your application through our online recruitment system, which can be found at http://www.abertay.ac.uk/jobs/.
The closing date for applications is 25 October 2013.
Committed to Equal Opportunities
The University of Abertay Dundee is a Scottish Registered Charity,
Closing date: 25 October 2013